Our mission is to serve the families in Champaign County by investing in the families and the most vulnerable population, the children. Our focus is to help enhance the parent child relationship, promote positive parent- child interaction and improving family support and school readiness.
GREAT Start is a illinois State Board of Education - Prevention Initiative Home Visiting Program. We serve pregnant mothers and families that have children birth to three years of age. GREAT Start focuses on the parent-children relationship, child development and family support.
We support families in the form of personal home visits, parent/child interaction play groups, access to community resources. Developmental screenings for each child enrolled in the program. All of GREAT Start staff are trained under the The BabyTalk Model which is an evidence based curriculum support by ISBE. Spanish speaking services as well.
- Personalized Weekly/Bi-Weekly Home Visits
- Prenatal Development & Pregnancy Education
- Developmental, Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Resource & Referral Connections
- Child & Parent Activities
- Age-Appropriate developmental activities
- Family Centered Events
- Parent Lending Library
- Transportation Resources
- New Baby Welcome Gift
- Home Safety Materials
- Breastfeeding Support with Lactation Consultants on staff
Parent and Child Interaction Play Group - Community and CUPHD Check Program calendar
- Learning thru play with your child in a group setting
- Interaction with your child in a group setting
- Developmental activities
- Meet and interact with other parents
- Make-it & Take-it Activities at each group
Enrolling Families NOW!
Signing up is simple and fast! Give us a call at (217) 531-4324 (217) 531-4324 or email us at email@example.com and we will arrange a time to come out and meet with you!