COVID-19 Testing Information
COVID-19 testing is available in multiple locations in Champaign-Urbana. There are 3 sites that offer FREE testing without a doctor's referral or code. Other sites have more specific requirements, please see the "Where To Get Tested" section below for more information. All locations offer PCR tests. Please note that CUPHD cannot provide test results to you, you should contact the location where you were tested. Contact information for testing locations can be found in the "Where To Get Tested" section below.
When To Test
Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 you should isolate yourself from others and be tested.
- Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested 5-7 days following the date of their exposure. Close contacts with ongoing exposure who are fully vaccinated should get tested again 5-7 days after the end of isolation for the person with COVID-19. Quarantine and Isolation information
- Domestic travel (within US): Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to be tested before or after domestic travel, unless testing is required by local, state, or territorial health authorities. They should self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- International travel (outside of US): Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before leaving the United States unless required by their destination. They should be tested 3-5 days after travel or if symptoms develop.
Individuals Who Are Not Fully Vaccinated
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested immediately. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, stay home and isolate from other people while symptomatic, until you get your test results back. If you test negative and your symptoms persist, test again in 5-7 days.
- After a confirmed exposure to COVID-19 (being less than 6 feet apart for a total of 15 minutes or more to a confirmed positive case, while the case was infectious) you should quarantine immediately for 10 days, and get tested on day 7 of quarantine. If that test comes back negative, you can exit quarantine before day 10.
- After a potential exposure to COVID-19 (such as family gatherings, events, or any situation where masking and social distancing were not always maintained) you should practice extra precautions for 14 days after the exposure, such as only leaving the house for essential tasks and being diligent about mask wearing and social distancing. Test 5 days after the exposure, or immediately if you develop symptoms.
- Get tested 1-3 days before traveling. You should also get tested 3-5 days after returning to Champaign County. Quarantining after travel is not required, but you should take extra precautions during the 14 days after traveling.
Where To Get Tested
There are three sites that are open to anyone with no appointment needed. They can be used for State mandated screening testing:
1. Community Based Testing Site at Marketplace Mall (all ages) (2000 N. Neil St., Champaign):
2. SHIELD CU COVID-19 Testing (5 years and up):
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Enter through the South mall entrance off of Market Street
- CBTS Registration
- Contact for results: 1-888-297-7208
3. SHIELD Illinois COVID-19 Testing (5 years and up):
- Parkland College
- Beginning Saturday, October 30, Parkland College's SHIELD CU testing site will be located in the E building on Parkland's main campus. As building access is restricted, the E building must be entered through door E1; use the B5 parking lot for closer access. You must use the Safer Community app to receive your test results from SHIELD CU testing. For more information about the app, building access, or Parkland's COVID Monitoring System and guidelines, please visit parkland.edu/covid19.
- Monday 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Campus Recreation Center East (CRCE)
- 1102 Gregory Dr., Urbana
- Parking available at meters on Dorner Dr or meters in lot F28
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Closed for lunch between 11:30 a.m. and Noon.
- Download the app!
- If a result does not show up after 48 hours, please send an email to email@example.com
- Stephens Family YMCA
- 2501 Fields S Dr., Champaign, North Pavillion
- Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
- Go to portal.shieldillinois.com to make an appointment. Walk-ins are also welcome.
- Contact SHIELD’s 24/7 patient hotline: 217-265-6059 for assistance
These sites have more specific requirements. They are NOT available for State mandated screening testing. Please call or visit their websites for more information:
Carle Champaign on Mattis (1702 S. Mattis Ave., Champaign):
Promise Healthcare (805 Bloomington Rd., Champaign):
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Call the COVID-19 hotline at Phone: 217-902-6100217-902-6100 for appropriate next steps
CampusTown Urgent Care (631 E. Green St., Champaign):
- Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- APPOINTMENT ONLY. For an appointment call Phone: 217-403-5402217-403-5402.
- Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Saturday-Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- You MUST register & make an appointment for the test. Register here or call Phone: 217-344-9909217-344-9909
Information on testing at CVS and Walgreens.