COVID-19 Testing Information
COVID-19 testing is available at multiple locations in Champaign-Urbana. Testing is a FREE service that can be obtained without a doctor’s referral or code. Click here for an overview of COVID-19 testing.
When To Test
Fully Vaccinated Individuals
- If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19 you should isolate yourself from others and be tested.
- Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested 3-5 days following the date of their exposure and monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14-days. If symptoms present, they should be tested.
- Domestic travel (within US): Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to be tested before or after domestic travel, unless testing is required by local, state, or territorial health authorities. They should self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms.
- International travel (outside of US): Fully vaccinated travelers do not need to get tested before leaving the United States unless required by their destination. They should be tested 3-5 days after travel or if symptoms develop.
Individuals Who Are Not Fully Vaccinated
- If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested immediately. To reduce the spread of COVID-19, stay home and isolate from other people while symptomatic, until you get your test results back. If you test negative and your symptoms persist, test again in 5-7 days.
- After a confirmed exposure to COVID-19 (being less than 6 feet apart for a total of 15 minutes or more to a confirmed positive case, while the case was infectious) you should quarantine immediately for 10 days, and get tested on day 7 of quarantine. If that test comes back negative, you can exit quarantine before day 10.
- After a potential exposure to COVID-19 (such as family gatherings, events, or any situation where masking and social distancing were not always maintained) you should practice extra precautions for 14 days after the exposure, such as only leaving the house for essential tasks and being diligent about mask wearing and social distancing. Test 5 days after the exposure, or immediately if you develop symptoms.
- Get tested 1-3 days before traveling. You should also get tested 3-5 days after returning to Champaign County. Quarantining after travel is not required, but you should take extra precautions during the 14 days after traveling.
Where To Get Tested
COVID-19 testing location information
Community Based Testing Site at Marketplace Mall (2000 N. Neil St., Champaign):
Carle Champaign on Mattis (1702 S. Mattis Ave., Champaign):
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 8am-4pm
- Enter through the South mall entrance off of Market Street
- CBTS Registration
SHIELD CU COVID-19 Testing (5 years and up):
- Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and Saturday-Sunday 8am-1pm
- Call the COVID-19 hotline at Phone: 217-902-6100217-902-6100 for appropriate next steps
- Parkland College
- Building D, room D244. West side of main campus, park in lot C4
- Monday 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Campus Recreation Center East (CRCE)
- 1102 Gregory Dr., Urbana
- Parking available at meters on Dorner Dr or meters in lot F28
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Download the app!
- Download the app!
Campus testing moved to CRCE. Parkland testing moved from the white tent located in Lot M4 to an indoor location on Parkland Campus. Location is on the West side of main campus, park in lot C4. Located in building D at the top of the stairs, in room D244. Saliva test age eligibility is now at age 5 and above.
Promise Healthcare (805 Bloomington Rd., Champaign):
CampusTown Urgent Care (631 E. Green St., Champaign):
- Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
- APPOINTMENT ONLY. For an appointment call Phone: 217-403-5402217-403-5402.
- Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm and Saturday-Sunday 9am-4pm
- You MUST register & make an appointment for the test. Register here or call Phone: 217-344-9909217-344-9909
Get testing information for CVS & Walgreens.