Urbana School Health Center
Committed to the care of your child
when they are in School
Comprehensive & Convenient Medical & Dental Services from On-Site Caring Professionals!
The Urbana School Health Center (USHC) consists of a seamless partnership of trusted local agencies dedicated to the health and well being of your child.
Services provided at USHC are available to ALL students of the Urbana School District.
Services will be available during your child’s school day, allowing for consistent and convenient carefree medical and dental services - from routine exams and procedures to acute care issues stemming from injuries or chronic disease conditions to counseling and wellness programs - USHC’s community care approach ensures your child the best care possible - away from home.
Urbana School Health Center Access
The Urbana School Health Center provides comprehensive health services as part of a school health program for all students in the Urbana School District.
These services are provided in partnership with:
Urbana School District #116
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
Frances Nelson Community Health Center
Mental Health Center of Champaign County
Prairie Center Health Systems
- Acute and Chronic Medical Conditions- Asthma, Diabetes, ADHD, ect.
- Reproductive Health Services
- Sport Related Injuries and Sub-specialty Referral Services
- Individual and Family Dietary Management
- Weight Loss Plans
- Nutritional Referrals
- Screenings, Cleanings and Sealants
- Extractions and Fillings
- Fluoride Treatments
Coordination of Services
- Crisis Intervention - Depression, Anger Management
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Addictions Counseling (Individual and Family)
- Substance Abuse Counseling and Treatment
- Work closely with school district social workers, counselors, teachers, administrators, juvenile justice system, primary care providers, and other service organizations within the community
Located at the Urbana High School; 1002 South Race Street. Look for the awning that says "Student Health Center".
The USHC serves all students enrolled in the Urbana School District ages 3-18.
USHC happily accepts.
- All Kids
- Kids Care
- IPA Medical Card
- Most Private Insurance
Individuals without insurance will have access to a sliding fee scale based on income.
How do I get services?:
- Parental consent required for all services (except Adolescent Confidential Health Services as per Illinois law.)
- Walk-ins welcome for acute care issues
- Parents MUST attend the first dental visit, parents of High School level students need not attend thereafter
- Students or parents may call and make appointments
Mondays - Fridays 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.