Links To Other Resources
General CUPHD Information
2007 Community Resource Guide
Choose A New Doctor
Report on Oral Health in Champaign-Urbana
Community Health Improvement Plan
Stuff for Kids/Teens
- Lots of great information for girls ages 10-16. Also available in spanish.
- Why start with a search engine, when you can find a pathfinder to fit your needs at 42eXplore?
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
- Tobacco vs. Kids, research, information, laws and more.
- Find links to government and other kids' sites -- grouped by age and subject. Explore, learn, and have fun!
Food Allergy News for Kids
- Information for kids that have or want to learn about food allergies.
- Music with a message for kids and teens.
It's My Life
- Friends, Family, School, Body, Emotions, Money
Kids Health for Kids
- Tons of information for kids including games, puzzles and much more.
Mind Over Matter
- This series is designed to encourage young people in grades five through nine to learn about the effects of drug abuse on the body and the brain.
Partnership for a Drug Free America: Kids and Teens
- A place for teens to check where they are with drugs and alcohol.
PIRLS - ask teen related questions, learn and play games
Preteen Health Info
- Stuff for kids, teens, tweens, parents and teachers.
What is public health
More great information is available from our Stock2ForFlu website.
Wellness and Health Promotion
Action on Smoking and Health ash.org
American Cancer Society www.cancer.org
American Heart Association www.americanheart.org
American Lung Association www.lung.org
Center for Disease Control www.cdc.gov/tobacco
Champaign for Tobacco Free Kids www.tobaccofreekids.org
County health rankings for Illinois
The QuitNet www.quitnet.com
The Surgeons General www.surgeongerneral.gov
Step by Step stop smoking plan.
ADA: Service Animals
ADA: Non-discrimination on the Basis of Disability in Public Accomodations and Commercial Facilities
from the EPA
Boil Orders - Food Establishment Procedures
Boil Orders - Private Residence Procedures
Grilling Safety - Be a Grill Master!
Flooding Information from the State of Illinois
Flooding What to do after a flood
Indoor Mold Common Questions and Answers
Illinois Department of Public Health Effectiveness of Repellents
Keep Food & Water Safe After a Disaster
National Pest Alert www.ncpmc.org/alerts
National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) http://npic.orst.edu
North Central Integrated Pest Management Center www.ncpmc.org
Preparing for a Safe & Easy Thanksgiving Dinner
, One Day at a Time
West Nile facts and information
Maternal & Child Health
- A site designed to raise awareness in teens and young adults about immunizations.
Illinois All Kids Covered
Government recall website.
Whooping cough vaccinations
How to dispose of needles and lancets
Infectious Disease links
are on a separate page.
American Dental Association
American Dental Association MouthHealthy - Oral Health
Champaign: Public Works - 351-4443
Urbana: Public Works - 384-2355
Savoy: Public Works - 359-5894
2007 Community Resource Guide
Champaign County Health Care Consumers www.healthcareconsumers.org
Champaign County Chamber of Commerce champaigncounty.org
Champaign-Urbana Convention & Visitors Bureau www.visitchampaigncounty.org
Illinois Beachguard System
Smoke Free Illinois
Illinois Department of Public Health www.idph.state.il.us
Illinois Department of Public Health Publications
Illinois Public Health Association www.ipha.com
Illinois Vital Statistics www.idph.state.il.us/health/statshome.htm
Illinois Project for Local Assessment of Needs app.idph.state.il.us
Illinois Local Health Depts. www.idph.state.il.us/local/home.htm
Illinois Department of Human Services www.state.il.us/agency/dhs
Illinois Public Health Institute www.iphionline.org/
State of Illinois web page ready.illinois.gov
- Emergency planning
State of Illinois web page www.illinois.gov/
National & International resources
American Public Health Association www.apha.org
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention www.cdc.gov
Department of Health and Human Services Strategic Plan - FY 2014-2018
The Flu Gallery - Free Flu Materials
from the CDC
National Center for Health Care Statistics www.cdc.gov/nchs
Red Cross - Be Prepared www.redcross.org/prepare
U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services www.hhs.gov
U.S. Dept. of Health Research & Services Admin www.hrsa.gov
World Health Organization English
Employment and other resources
from the National Library of Medicine
Healthy Roads Media
Health related information in 18 different languages and various media formats.
A guide to public health careers